What I like:
- The simplicity – clear triangle under the seat, small tacho/speedo, minimalistic mirrors, lighting and buttons on the clip-ons. Ignition key is gone – changed for RFID.
- Perfect proportions – it looks lightweight. Raw metal and grey/black paint scheme.
- Upgraded rear suspension (YSS Shocks), but still original retro look.
Why “almost” perfect?
- Front suspension and brakes were not upgraded. As long as breaks should do fine (it’s still a double disc config), the forks could use an upgrade for more stiffness. I’d love to see some USD swapped in there.
- Firestone Champion DeLuxe. I love the looks, understand the origin… but hate the handling of these… so I would rather go with something more modern.
- I would definitely loose the rear foot-pegs mounts.
But regardless of the above, it’s a beautiful machine, that probably makes it’s owner happy and is a head turner. And that is what’s matters…
Check out full specs and more photos on builder’s website!